Date:      Sun, 28 Jun 1998 19:08:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, thyerm@camtech.net.au, mike@smith.net.au, Matthew.Thyer@dsto.defence.gov.au, jlemon@americantv.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 'fatal trap 12' on boot (smp and up)

On Sun, 28 Jun 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > So much for the lab full of Windows machines that can be booted into
> > FreeBSD by double-clicking an icon on the desktop.
>
> It doesn't work that way.  You've always had to launch it from a DOS
> session, meaning you had to shut down to DOS and then run
> fbsdboot.exe.  I can plainly see you've never actually tried what you
> are now advocating. :)

You can do that within Windows.  Win95 still uses the old standby "PIF"
files for DOS apps, and one of those settings is to force it to run in DOS
mode.

- alex

| "Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern  |
| technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat." |