Date:      Mon, 06 Sep 2021 10:31:33 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>
To:        "Oleg V. Nauman" <oleg@theweb.org.ua>
Cc:        Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>, current@freebsd.org, Idwer Vollering <vidwer@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: wlan0 no longer functional after n249128-a0c64a443e4c ->  n249146-cb5c07649aa0

One last favour to ask, can you try this with the wpa_supplicant-devel
port, please? I'm trying to narrow down if this is related to the options
in usr.sbin/wpa/Makefile.inc or an upstream problem. If this behaves the
same using wpa_supplicant-devel, this tells me to look at the code instead
of Makefiles.

I can reproduce the service netif restart problem using the old
wpa_supplicant 2.9, so at least here there is no change in behaviour.
Though on my sandbox machine the ifconfig dow/up is not required -- though
even the older wpa_supplicant 2.9 behaves the same on my laptop, (no
regression experienced here).

To help point to either Makefile.inc or contrib/wpa, can you please try the
wpa_supplicant-devel port. This will tell me where to look next.

Fifteen seconds isn't needed. Two or three, even no wait, will do.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>