Date:      Sun, 16 Nov 1997 21:08:32 -0700 (MST)
From:      Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@hwcn.org>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bad Winds of Winter - Please Read!

Tim Vanderhoek writes:
 > On Fri, 14 Nov 1997, John S. Dyson wrote:
 >
 > > I just landed in Indianapolis last night (from the Bay area), in a twin
 > > engine plane, with approx 5cm of slush.  We had approx 10-12cm of snow
 >
 > Well, if it makes you feel any better, the official count now
 > puts us at 17cm of snow.  :)

If you guys are talking about early snowfall this year, you're
apparently not aware that Solitude ski resort near here (Salt Lake City)
opened a week ago yesterday (Nov 8).  They currently have 28" (71 cm) of
snow at the bottom of the hill.  For details on "The Greatest Snow on
Earth", see:

	http://www.skiutah.com/snowrep.html

It's already snowed several times at my house (about 4300' or 1300m
elevation) -- we got snow the first weekend of October.  All hail El
Nino!  ;^)