Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:55:32 -0600
From:      SigmaX <scottclansman@cwazy.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Cc:        Tyler Gee <geekout@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: ASP alternatives?

Tyler Gee wrote:

>I believe there is an asp module for Apache (mod_asp).
>
>I have never used it and don't really know if it exists but it gives
>you somewhere to start searching.
>
>-wtgee
>
>On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:53:25 +0800 (WST), David Adam
><zanchey@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au> wrote:
>

>>On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, SigmaX wrote:
>>

>>>Hey;
>>>I've been using FreeBSD on a server for several weeks now; this is my
>>>first time using FreeBSD after using Linux for some time.  Pretty soon
>>>I'll have an ASP .NET web application completed and ready for hosting on
>>>said server.  I'd prefer to continue using FreeBSD, and at least get the
>>>hang of it, as from what I've looked up it seems to be among the best of
>>>the best operating systems.  The *NIX ASP .NET server I was using was
>>>XSP, from the Mono project, but the only FreeBSD port I could find of it
>>>has some fatal errors that need to be worked out before it works at all
>>>(In the BSD# project).
>>>

>>You might want to see if you can get XSP running using Linux emulation.
>>(This may take lots of work, and I have no real experience with this sort
>>of thing - my skills in Linux emulation are focused on getting games to
>>run (-: ).
>>

>>>Are there any other ASP .NET servers out there for FreeBSD?  I tryed to
>>>google it, but all I could find was XSP and Microsoft sites.
>>>         Thanx,
>>>             SigmaX
>>>

>>You might want to try mod_mono -
>>http://www.mono-project.com/contributing/asp-net.htm - or Apache::ASP
>>(only supports ASP.NET pages written in PERL) -
>>http://www.apache-asp.org/syntax.html as both of these plug into Apache
>>(not sure which version).
>>
>>Also, try asking on freebsd-questions@freebsd.org as there are
>>much more knowledgeable people over there. All the information above came
>>from a thirty-second think and a few web searches :-) so it could well be
>>wrong.
>>
>>HTH,
>>
>>David Adam
>>zanchey@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au

Okay, I googled and found something about a "mod_asp.net" module...
haven't found out if it's strictly open-source or not yet, but I'll go
find myself a good apache list and get it up.
                Thanx,
                    SigmaX

--
Registered Linux Freak #: 366,862

"If you think of MS-DOS as mono, and Windows as stereo, then Linux is Dolby Pro-Logic Surround Sound with Bass Boost and all the music is free."