Date:      Sat, 15 Feb 1997 23:34:04 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jim Dixon <jdd@vbc.net>
To:        Intuitive Design Info <info@in-design.com>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATM Frame Relay vs P2P?

On Fri, 14 Feb 1997, Intuitive Design Info wrote:

> 	Since we are on the subject... What have people's experience been
> with SMDS vs. Frame Relay or a DS1?  All at simular streams.  General
> feelings, some of the pricing and the like?

SMDS has very very high overheads.  As I recall you get 1.07 Mbps over
a 1.544 Mbps T1.  Avoid it.

Frame relay has acceptable overheads and is usually significantly
cheaper than a straight T1.

--
Jim Dixon                  VBCnet GB Ltd           http://www.vbc.net
tel +44 117 929 1316                             fax +44 117 927 2015