Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 1997 00:42:15 +0100 (CET)
From:      stephane@lituus.fr
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Probing problem with Sound Blaster 32

Hello,

I've installed FreeBSD 2.2.5 (cdrom version) and it can't probe my Sound Blaster 32 card during the boot.

I've put the following lines in the kernel configuration file :

controller snd0
device sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
options "SBC_IRQ=5"
device sbxvi0 at isa? drq 5
device sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330
device opl0     at isa? port 0x388

The most curious thing is that i didn't have any problem with this sound card on Free BSD 2.2.1 ! And it's not a hardware failure because the card works with Window$.

Please, help ! Thanks.

Stephane Legrand.

P.S. : please, reply also to my e-mail address because i didn't subscribe to the list.

--
** Je recherche un emploi dans le domaine de l'informatique
** Pour consulter mon CV -> http://www.lituus.fr/stephane/