Date:      Sat, 28 Jul 2001 14:00:12 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RFC: Removing support for TurboChannel machines from -current

Matthew Jacob wrote:
> > > remove TC support.
> >
> > By all means.  Let's run on less hardware.
>
> No, no, no. Let's limit our support to that which we're likely to have.

Or... Let's limit what we're likely to have to what we support.

> Or, another way to put it- if *you* have TC units and want to support them,
> far out! Please do!

Let's not chase away someone who might take you up on your
offer in the future by deleting the existing code today.

What does diking out the code buy you, apart from less code
in a checked out source tree, a bigger Attic, and a large
CVSsup/CTM delta for everyone to have to swallow?

-- Terry