Date:      Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:41:55 +0100
From:      Gerrit =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=FChn?= <gerrit@pmp.uni-hannover.de>
To:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with Eclipse and jdk 1.3/1.4

Hi folks,

I've updated my jdks and Eclipse today to the latest available versions, and
I'm facing the following problem now:
Eclipse doesn't start up correctly with java 1.4. Everything goes fine until
the Eclipse Welcome Screen appears. Then java goes to sleep and Eclipse
doesn't react on keyboard or mouse actions.
Using java 1.3 via -vm commandline option Eclipse startup is ok and
everything seems to work fine. But when I try to install cdt via the upodate
manager it crashes and java coredumps.

I know that I can use Eclipse 2.1.2 with java 1.4.2p5 on a different
machine. Is p6 broken or am I doing wrong something else?

cu
  Gerrit