Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2001 11:53:08 +0100
From:      Trond Davidsen <trond.davidsen@ii.uib.no>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mpd with a large number, 200+ , of bundles

> Those two events correspond to the netgraph data and control sockets
> associated with the bundle. Not sure how important that is..
> the ng_socket(4) code relies on the standard generic socket code
> so unlikely that the problem lies there.
>
> The fact that it's blocked on "piperd" implies that something is
> going wrong with a message pipe (mpd uses pipe(2) to communicate
> with itself). But the tsleep() call in pipe_read() uses PCATCH,
> so 'kill' should work...
>
> What version of FreeBSD again?

FreeBSD vpn-gw3.uib.no 4.4-STABLE FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE #2: Sat Nov 10
17:37:02 CET 2001     root@vpn-gw3.uib.no:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/VPN-GW3  i386

cvsuped about a month ago.  I tried to cvsup and rebuild now, but the
kernel compile crashes in the linuxulator module.

Trond

                      Trond Davidsen
  Institutt for Informatikk | Tlf Kontor 5558 4237
  Universitetet i Bergen    | Tlf Mobil  917 45 822
  Thormøhlensgt. 55         | Tlf Privat 5518 6900
  5020 Bergen

People want linux. Its a toy, and people like toys.
   -- Dennis