Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 2013 12:14:21 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=C9meric_Maschino?= <emeric.maschino@gmail.com>
To:        Kevin Day <kevin@your.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ia64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HP rx8620 - ia64 packages.

Hi,

I regularly try to install FreeBSD on my zx6000. Last time, back in
May, I was getting machine checks [1]. Despite the help of the ia64
FreeBSD list, I couldn't go further (last attempt in July [2]). So, I
can't tell that I'm an ia64 FreeBSD user right now ;-)

BTW, even if I can manage to install FreeBSD on my box, I'm one a the
few, even on the Linux side, to use it as a desktop system (since it's
a workstation, not a server) so I'm hitting various issues, e.g. about
3D graphics on the Linux side (although lspci rewrite, switch to KMS
and Gallium3D r300 helped a lot) vs no X server available at all on
the FreeBSD side. I know that resources are unfortunately scarce...

     Emeric

[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ia64/2012-July/003323.html
[2] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ia64/2012-July/003323.html