Date:      Tue, 3 Jan 1995 10:06:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Stanley K. Cheong" <scheong@ece.uci.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Hardware <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   problem with internal modem

Hi,

I am running FreeBSD 2.0R on a Gateway 2000 486/33 system.  Initially, I was
having problem with the kernel not recognizing my internal modem, a
Gateway 2000 Telepath I on COM 1.

Daniel Ortmann provided me with a fix in sio.c.  By putting printf("")
statements after the two DELAY statements in sioprobe, I was able to
build a kernel that recognizes sio0 during bootup.  However, I am still
unable to use kermit or minicom 1.60 to access the modem.  I do have a
device entry called /dev/cua00 (an a link from /dev/modem).

Anyone knows what I can try next?  Anyone else using this modem has hints
or ideas?  I would really like to get the modem working so I can try SLIP
or PPP.

Thanx in advance.

Stanley K. Cheong
email     : scheong@ece.uci.edu