Date:      Sun, 6 Jun 1999 22:05:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kelly Yancey <kbyanc@alcnet.com>
To:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Announcing new distributed.net Team FreeBSD site

  http://www.posi.net/freebsd/Team-FreeBSD/

  I am pleased to announce that Team FreeBSD on distributed.net has a new
look! Distributed.net (http://www.distributed.net) is currently running a
distributed effort to crack the rc5-64 cryptographic code per an RSA
challenge. Past distributed.net efforts have included cracking DES
encryption and rc5-56 encryption. The project works by utilizing your
machine's idle time to perform a brute-force check of all possibly
cryptographic keys. Future projects will include the search for optimal
golumb rulers.
  Team FreeBSD is organized to show the world that not only does FreeBSD
have the power to serve, but enough power left over to do some serious
key-cracking :) Currently, Team FreeBSD is ranked 23rd on
distributed.net's team rankings
(http://stats.distributed.net/rc5-64/tlist.php3?low=1&limit=100) with a
meager 265 members. Let's get those numbers up!

  In hopes that by increasing our ranking and thus drawing increased
attention to FreeBSD from other distributed.net participants, the Team
FreeBSD site has been overhauled. We encourage you to check it out at
http://www.posi.net/freebsd/Team-FreeBSD/ and participate.

  Let's bring FreeBSD to it's rightful seat as #1!

 ~kbyanc@alcnet.com~
  FreeBSD - The Power To Serve - http://www.freebsd.org/
  Join Team FreeBSD - http://www.posi.net/freebsd/Team-FreeBSD/