Date:      Fri, 21 May 1999 17:37:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tony Ross <tonyxross@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Remote Boot with serial port

I want to redirect the boot time output (dmesg info)
to the serial port so I can remotely access the machine
at the boot process and enter single user mode.  I have a pc running
2.27 that does this which allow us to remotely take care of fsck types
of problems.

On 3.1, I have redirected the console to the serial port but do not get
control until the Login prompt. How  can I get the console output to
the serial port before this, like right after the "boot" prompt?

Thanks,
Tony