Date:      Wed, 3 Oct 2018 21:22:22 -0700
From:      Kevin Bowling <kevin.bowling@kev009.com>
To:        kazuok@projectkitsune.com
Cc:        FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: IBM POWER 720 (POWER 7)

In terms of hardware this is a port called 'pseries'.  Give the CD
image a try, it may just work depending on what storage controller you
are using.

Regards,
Kevin
On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 8:18 PM Kazuo Kuroi <kazuok@projectkitsune.com> wrot=
e:

> Greetings,
>
> I=E2=80=99ve a working POWER 7 box over here I=E2=80=99d like to either t=
ry running FreeBSD on bare metal or in an LPAR. Does anyone have any experi=
ence doing this and can suggest some tips? I=E2=80=99m aware this platform =
is neglected with these kinds of machines, and I=E2=80=99d like to change t=
hat. If I can get it warning, by all means unless I sell it I=E2=80=99d lik=
e to have developers who want access to it be allowed in - It isn=E2=80=99t=
 a Talos, but it=E2=80=99s what I could get for free!

> P.S. I=E2=80=99ve signed up for the list but have not gotten confirmation=
 yet, so to ensure I get this please CC me if you are responding to this!