Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 1998 13:41:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CVS problems anyone?

Has anyone seen the following behaviour?

1/ generate large set of changes..
cvs diff -c  >/tmp/xx

try apply patch to a clean try
discover that the diff file is corrupted..

the symptom is that after about 800 or so lines of diff, a line is
truncated, (including the \n)

this the patch is corrupted because the line counts for that section are
incorrent..

it's easily reproducible here,
on my 2.2.5 machine using freefall as the server,
and
on 3.0 using a 2.2.6 machine as the server.

julian
(hand fixing all my diff files so that I can apply them to the -current
sources)