Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2001 22:38:52 -0700
From:      "Greg Smith" <freebsd_mail@yahoo.com>
To:        "A. G. Nair" <agn_nair@yahoo.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and OnTrack DDO

AG,

Well I'm sorry I don't have the DDO answer, but I can tell you what I
did when I had the same problem.

My ThinkPad 600 BIOS also is limited to seeing about 8GB of my
replacement 20GB hard drive.  So I put Win95 in the first 7.5GB, then
FreeBSD after that.  As long as the root partition of FreeBSD is fully
before cylinder 1024 (guaranteeing BIOS can do its boot things)
everyone is happy.

This solution doesn't require DDO or any other BIOS tricks.  I use the
FreeBSD MBR.  I'm limited to 7.5GB for Windows and the rest for
FreeBSD, but that is not too bad.

Greg