Date:      Sat, 08 Apr 1995 04:39:04 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Julian Howard Stacey <jhs@regent.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: The FreeBSD trademark.

I don't think there's any point served by further argument.  It's not
just a simple question of laws - oh how simple life will be if the
only thing I have to worry about when I envision a "successful"
FreeBSD Project are the local laws I'm living under.  Far more
important are the logistical details of convening meetings, having a
phone and fax (and someone to deal with them), an address to have
things delivered to and possibly disseminated again as quickly as
possible.  If it were my goal to build some silly paper organization
over in Europe, spending Esprit money and churning out endless
documents, I'd DO THAT, Julian!  But that's not what I'm into at all.
Where the machines are sited and the quality/reliability of the
Internet connection they can have has a major impact in the day-to-day
fortunes of an active project - one whos' developers are active much
of the day actually writing code, making phone calls, constantly
trying to extend the horizons of the system.  Right now, that's easist
from here and so it's here we're going to stay.  Your arguments about
crypto aren't going to be any less valid if the company is sited in
Outer Mongolia - they still won't be able to distribute the crypto
code from one the the primary distribution points in the world (the
U.S.!).

Hey, when Germany goes T3, call me.. :-)

					Jordan