Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 2000 19:46:53 -0700
From:      "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@monkeys.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Cc:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Subject:   An example of how to use kqueue/kevent is a real server process

Greetings Documentarians!

A fellow (Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>) suggested that I inform you of
a potentially useful bit of documentary code I have written.  It shows,
in a simple way, how to write a simple multi-client server using the
new kqueue/kevent FreeBSD kernel primitives.

If you are interested, the code for this simple example ``echo'' server
may be found at:

	http://www.monkeys.com/kqueue/echo.c

It is admitedly written in a rather idiosyncratic style (i.e. mine, which
I have developed over the years) but if you folks would like to use it to
help document proper usage of kqueue/kevent, please feel free.

(I actually wrote the example echo server just to make sure that I did
really know how to use kqueue/kevent _before_ I started trying to use
them on a bigger project.)