Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 13:11:01 -0500
From:      mel bessaha <seek3r@neurotic.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: JDK 1.3 and JHTTP Servlet Engines

Ernst de Haan wrote:

> Marc,
>
> You're Dutch as well. Heej kerel :-)
>

>>Has anyone had the same bad experiences with tomcat? And Ernst, why did
>>you choose Orion instead of tomcat?
>>

> Orion is commercially supported. It support hot deployment, it features full
> J2EE compliance (including EJB, JNDI, etc), supports failover and clustering,
> and it's more stable. On the other hand, you do have to pay money for
> commercial use.
>
> The www/orion port will install Orion for you. It will display what
> installation options it has and what the current values are. Let me know if
> you have any suggestions or questions.
>
> Ernst

Ernst,

Are you running Orion standalone?  Im very much interested in
performance and from what ive read from different ad hoc benchmarks,
apache does a better job at serving static content and should there be
used as the default web server on port 80 while tossing jsp/servlet
requests to Orion on port 8080.  What are you thoughts?

thanks for the many replies. :)

-Mel