Date:      Sat, 29 Jan 2000 09:54:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Andreas Braukmann <braukmann@tse-online.de>
Cc:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: very silent, but heavy filesystem-crash

:But as it comes out I had (in fact :( ) a typo in the disklabel.
:
:I checked the disklabel two times before my post to -current, but
:I had obviously a little problem with my 'eye-brain-interlink'.
:
:I really shouldn't admit this in this forum, should I? ... But
:in relabeling the disk I left the disklabel as follows:
:
:#        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
:  b:  1048576        0      swap                        # (Cyl.    0 - 65*)
:  c: 17912412        0    unused        0     0         # (Cyl.    0 - 1114*)
:  g: 17912412        0    4.2BSD     1024  8192    16   # (Cyl.    0 - 1114*)
:
:
:Sorry for bothering all of you, feeling soooooo stultified
:and the big and heavy hat (with a certain pattern on it) weighs
:on my head ...
:
:
:Thanks,
:    Andreas

    Heh!  Don't feel bad, the only reason I thought it was a disklabel
    problem is because I've done the same thing myself in the past, with
    similar results!

    What we really need to do is fix disklabel to at least warn of overlaps.
    The only reason I don't make the same mistakes these days is because
    every time I run the beast I check my calculations 6 ways from sunday,
    forwards and backwards.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>