Date:      Sun, 7 Sep 1997 12:49:29 +0930 (CST)
From:      ratty@ix.apana.org.au
To:        adam@veda.is, ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ratty@ix.apana.org.au
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: dgd-lpmud-2.4.5

G'Day Adam,

I have been playing with DGD for some 12 months now, and in the last
2 weeks have managed to compile it on a spare machine along with lpmud 2.4.5

The last time I compiled this I crashed my server and dumped the users.   So I
had to wait till I could afford to build a second that I can crash without i
affecting others.

Now my problem is, and please excuse me for being THICK, how do I get FreeBSD
to allow connections to the mud?

I am running FreeBSD 2.2.1 on an Intel 486SX33 with 8M connected to my main
machine via ethernet.

Situation:
compiled DGD & lpmud from the ports/net/dgd & ports/net/dgd-lpmud

I have run ./runlpmud -& from /usr/local/dgd and I note that a couple of
processes have started, hname 6047 & driver -lpmud.dgd

Connecting:
When I try to telnet to the mud (zurix.apana.org.au = 202.12.89.126) on the
port specified in the lpmud.dgd config file 2000 the system refuses the
connection.     Ok so maybe I am using the wrong tool to connect to the mud?
So I compiled and tested the tinyfague mud client and that worked ok on the
Albion mud.   Doesn't work with zurix :(

Attempts to fix:
So I thought it maybe in the services config file in /etc so I added an entry
for dgd;   dgd	2000/tcp #lpmud
	   dgd  2000/udp #lpmud

and did a Kill -1 1 but this has not changed anything :(

Request:
Could you point me in the right direction to kick this thing, & get it going.

Best regards,
Mike
(Ratty)
-------