Date:      Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:40:25 -0800
From:      David Schultz <dschultz@uclink.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        "f.johan.beisser" <jan@caustic.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AOL in Negotiations to Buy Red Hat

Thus spake f.johan.beisser <jan@caustic.org>:
> of course, the only BSD i've found to be particulary user-unfriendly is
> netbsd. and that, it seems, is a problem with disk partitioning during the
> install. something that probably could be fixed fairly easily given
> motivation by the NetBSD team.

I think FreeBSD's installer could be better, too, but it works in a
fairly straightforward manner as long as you don't have strange
hardware.

Debian's installer was fairly helpful, up until a point.  I refer
specifically to the point where it printed an arithmetic overflow
error message and proceeded to overwrite my hard disk with junk,
apparently beginning with the MBR.  As for the correctness of
the operating system itself, I can't comment.