Date:      Tue, 09 Oct 2007 12:14:31 -0700
From:      LI Xin <delphij@delphij.net>
To:        supportsobaka@mail.ru
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LSI SAS 1064E in FreeBSD 6.2

--------------enig1EB68262FA3F11BCBCD96D64

supportsobaka@mail.ru wrote:
> Hello
>=20
> LX> I think it was supported on 6.2-RELEASE (according to code), no?
>=20
> LX> Cheers,
>=20
> No:
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=3Dmpt&sektion=3D4&manpath=3DFr=
eeBSD+6.2-RELEASE
>=20
> SAS support only here:
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=3Dmpt&apropos=3D0&sektion=3D4&=
manpath=3DFreeBSD+7-current&format=3Dhtml
>=20
> Hardware notes for 7.x
>=20
> The following controllers are supported by the mpt(4) driver:
> LSI Logic **AS1064**, LSI Logic AS1068

No, this is just because the documentation lagging behind code change,
but the code is there so it should work.

The support was MFC'ed at: Thu Jun 8 17:47:35 2006 UTC (16 months ago)
by mjacob.

Therefore, if it does not work, could you please let us know (preferably
with pciconf -lv output if you could, so we will be able to figure out
what's happening) so we can fix it?

> These systems also contain Integrated Raid Mirroring and Integrated
> Raid Mirroring Enhanced which this driver also supports. The SAS
> controller chips are also present on many new AMD/Opteron based
> systems, like the Sun 4100. Note that this controller can drive both
> SAS and SATA drives or a mix of them at the same time. The Integrated
> Raid Mirroring available for these controllers is poorly supported at
> best....
>=20
>=20
> So, is it possible to backport this driver to 6.2 ?!

Cheers,
--=20
Xin LI <delphij@delphij.net>	http://www.delphij.net/
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve!