Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:13:37 +0100
From:      Ceri Davies <ceri@submonkey.net>
To:        Aaron Gibson <aaron@the-gibsons.org>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 2.12 Advanced Installation Guide (Headless Install)

--e5bfZ/T2xnjpUIbw

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 12:07:06PM -0400, Aaron Gibson wrote:
> Ceri-
>=20
> I obtained the advice to set /boot/loader -h in the boot.config file from
> the below URL:
>=20
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-advance=
d.html

Thanks Aaron - I don't believe that this is correct:

   Here is where you must set the floppy to boot into a serial console. You
   have to make a file called boot.config containing /boot/loader -h. All
   this does is pass a flag to the bootloader to boot into a serial
   console.
  =20
   # echo "/boot/loader -h" > boot.config

I've always used just "-h" here; I'll test it and update it if
necessary.  You're saying that it *does* work though?

Thanks for the response.

Ceri
--=20
It is not tinfoil, it is my new skin.  I am a robot.

--e5bfZ/T2xnjpUIbw

--e5bfZ/T2xnjpUIbw--