Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2002 13:35:37 +0100
From:      Stijn Opheide <stijn.opheide-SPAMrioSPAM@kotnet.org>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.5 installation on scsi-disk

Hi,

I have a Digital Celebris XL 5100 with an on-board scsi-controller:
NCR53c810. When I try to install FreeBSD 4.5 from a scsi cdrom to a scsi
harddisk, it doesn't detect any disks or cdrom/dvd's. When booting from
floppies, I can choose some scsi-controllers in the
kernel-configuration, but mine isn't there. Although, in the hardware
section on freebsd.org, I found that this scsi-controller should be
supported (ncr-driver).

How can I solve this problem?

greetings,

Stijn.

P.S. you can reply to this list, i'm subscribed
--
Stijn Opheide
mail: stijn.opheide@kotnet.org -- cernunos@ulyssis.org