Date:      Sat, 8 Apr 1995 13:49:12 +0100 (BST)
From:      Aled Morris <aledm@relay-europe.ps.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: best performance hardware

Thank you all for your replies - I guess the conclusion is PCI 21040
based cards are best!

Now I need to find a supplier in Europe... :-(   I've seen ads for SMC
PCI Ethernet boards - are they all 21040 by definition?  Resellers don't
usually know, of course ("comes with ODI and NDIS drivers, what more do
you want?")

Typical advertisements are "SMC Etherpower PCI" for GBP130 (~US$200).
Does that sound like the right one?  This makes Rod's offer of Compex
cards for $119 look very attractive.

Aled
--
aledm@relay-europe.ps.net  |  tel +44 973 207987
Perot Systems Europe Ltd.  |  fax +44 181 476 2419