Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2000 10:49:54 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Moses Backman III <penguinjedi@home.com>
Cc:        Todd Backman <todd@flyingcroc.net>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, seifried@securityportal.com
Subject:   Re: woah

Kurt, I was pretty disappointed to see this article.  If you tear
it down the to base content, the only problem with SSL/SSH is stupid
users.

I understand that dsniff is a powerful tool for intercepting network
traffic, however it will not be "the end" of SSL and SSH technologies.

If I get "server has changed keys" messages and I'm not certain
that it was myself that upgraded ssh or did a clean install, there's
no way I'm going to authorize the key exchange.

This is like blaming bullet proof vests for the moron that decided to
wear his like a turban. :)

Is there something I'm missing here?

-Alfred