Date:      Fri, 28 Nov 1997 17:31:26 +0000
From:      "Living In Madness" <madrum@ix.netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Search Engines

Greetings!

I am looking for a search engine that will work on FreeBSD. I use EWS
(the free excite engine) on a NT systems that I administrate.  There
is a bsdi version of EWS that I have tried to use without success.  When I
went back excite, they specifically stated that they do not support
the FreeBSD platform.  So, while the EWS works for my NT setup, it
does not for my  Apache on FreeBSD and  I need several large document
directories on this server to be searchable.

I have looked at alot of the FreeBSD sites in the FreeBSD Gallery and
didn't find any that had something of this nature.  Well, that is not
entirely true.  Sony Japan did, but there was no reference to the
kind of engine being used.  I figured it was customized and I do not
have that kind of resource ($$$).

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Are there any resources
of this nature available???

TIA,
:)mary

                      _     _