Date:      Sat, 15 Nov 2003 13:45:35 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Roland Giesler <roland@thegreentree.org>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Obtaining the full 4 CDs?

Roland Giesler wrote:

>Maybe someone can explain how to actually use the three additional CD's in
>the set, since I've installed FreeBSD a number of times now, with the full
>ports collection and quite a number of the other distributions, but I've
>never needed the extra CD's?  I alos don't find anything in the manuals re
>this or maybe I'm using the wrong terms in my search?
>
>Regards
>
>Roland Giesler

Well, I'd be guessing ... never bothered to buy
a set.  Ought to, to support the project, I guess....

What's on 'em?  Is it a list kinda like this?

foo-1.1.tar.gz
bar-2.5.4.tar.bz2

Then it's source for ports, as someone
else mentioned...copy 'em to /usr/ports/distfiles
and see if it makes life easier when building
in /usr/ports/path/to/whatever....

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey