Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 2013 14:19:55 -0400
From:      Zaphod Beeblebrox <zbeeble@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ancient FreeBSD Linux Emulation Irrelevant?

I admit the "Subject" is a teeny bit of a troll.  I have traditionally not
worried that Linux emulation would not be sufficient --- a) many things
come as source and b) linux code is by definition public --- so we'll have
none of the problem a-la-wine.

But our linux emulation is based on 5-year-old version of linux (ie: fedora
core 10).  That, combined with the laundry list of binaries requiring
modern linux libraries (Steam and Multicraft (a minecraft framework) are at
the head of my list) have me in a bit of bind.

Is anyone working on a newer linux-base port?