Date:      Sun, 6 Jun 1999 07:08:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>
To:        Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>
Cc:        Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@FreeBSD.ORG>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mmap problem in -current?

On 6 Jun 1999, Joel Ray Holveck wrote:

> >> I just noticed (kernel&world from friday) that locate always cores
> >> dump:
> >> $ locate xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> >> The problem disappears if I recompile locate without the -DMMAP
> >> option.
> > Running on the very latest current, it does not work for me.
>
> By 'it', do you mean that locate does not work, that the failure test
> does not work (ie, locate is fine for you), or that the workaround
> does not work?

Sorry for being ambiguous. By 'it' I meant the test that you showed us. I
cannot reproduce it. Have you tried remaking your locate database first?

> Thanks,
> joelh
>
> --
> Joel Ray Holveck - joelh@gnu.org
>    Fourth law of programming:
>    Anything that can go wrong wi
> sendmail: segmentation violation - core dumped

 Brian Feldman                _ __ ___ ____  ___ ___ ___
 green@unixhelp.org                _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
     FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!      _ __ | _ \._ \ |) |
         http://www.freebsd.org           _ |___)___/___/