Date:      Fri, 13 Mar 2009 23:17:47 +0000
From:      Bruce Simpson <bms@incunabulum.net>
To:        "Sean C. Farley" <scf@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org, Rui Paulo <rpaulo@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: tap(4) SIOCSIFMTU patch

Sean C. Farley wrote:

> Yes, this fixes my issue with bridging a tap device to an interface
> with an MTU higher than 1500.
> I will probably commit this patch this weekend.

I can't think of any reason why not, other than you might want to ensure
that tap's MTU is bounded within reasonable limits,
'cause yoi don't want to exhaust the jumbo cluster pool if say mtu is
more than 9000.

I think ifconfig already performs such a check but you might want to
double check.

cheers
BMS