Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 14:20:26 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cd /usr/ports; make clean

"David O'Brien" writes:
> On Sun, Nov 19, 2000 at 12:35:27AM -0600, David Kelly wrote:
> > I'm sure to be off my rocker to suggest something like this 2 days
> > before -RELEASE, but sometimes I don't clean up after installing a port
>                                                                     ^^^^^^
>
> WHY are you posting this in the -stable list??  This has nothing to do
> with anything specific to -stable.  This 100% belongs in
> ports@freebsd.org.  Please stay on-topic.

So why did you publicly bitch at me on -stable and not -chat?

Answering your question: My decision was that its 51% -stable and 49%
-ports and that I don't like multiple postings. The governing file is
/usr/share/mk/bsd.port.subdir.mk which redirects to
"${PORTSDIR}/Mk/bsd.port.subdir.mk" so maybe my call was inverted. I
stand by my original decision as I've learned my original gut instinct
is usually best. It is certainly not 100% anything but *BSD.

If I liked abuse I'd use Linux.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net