Date:      Wed, 29 May 2002 16:27:51 +0000
From:      stephenc@attbi.com
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Empty /usr/local

I'm kinda new to FreeBSD, I just downloaded and
installed it last week and just about everything is
going fine. I am trying to install some CPAN perl
modules though and they seemed to install correctly but
when I try to use them perl can't find them.

I ran " perl '-V:install.*' " and a lot of variables are
pointing to directories under /usr/local/*. I checked
and I don't have anything in /usr/local/, the directory
is completely empty. I'm somewhat familiar with Linux so
it seems to me that this directory should have something
in it. Shouldn't it?

FreeBSD 4.4
Perl5
Trying to install Net::Telnet