Date:      Fri, 03 Oct 1997 04:30:32 -0400
From:      "Gary T. Corcoran" <garycorc@idt.net>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: updating BootEasy to recognize FAT32 partitions

Satoshi Asami wrote:

>  * The new version (1.8) of BootEasy has been uploaded to:
>  * ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/bteasy18.zip
>
> I tried it, it prints out "W95/W98" for me.  I believe that is
> correct, although I don't particularly like the idea of having a
> version number in here. :>

So yell at MicroSquish...  :-P

Seriously, since it's supposed to show you the _operating system_
boot choices, I felt FAT32 was too non-descriptive - it's just
the disk format, after all.

And, this should be good for a few years, maybe forever, since
Win98 is highly likely to be the last Non-NT version of windows
(and NT has it's own native disk format, NTFS).

Gary