Date:      Mon, 6 Jun 2011 13:42:28 +0200
From:      Rafal Jaworowski <raj@semihalf.com>
To:        Bear <jilingshu@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can I install FreeBSD on a e300 core board?

On 2011-06-04, at 11:04, Bear wrote:

> hi there.
> I got a MPC8313E-RDB board from Freescale some days before. For I am a =
newbie on PowerPC, the only thing I have done is build a custom kernel =
of Debian/Linux and boot it on my board.
>=20
> Now I wanna install a FreeBSD into SD card on this board. Could you =
give me some instructions? Although I familiar with FreeBSD on x86, I =
believe there are huge differences between x86 and embedded system.

FreeBSD/powerpc does not support MPC83xx out of the box at the moment, =
so there's work required on both CPU level and peripheral drivers =
support.

We have some basic support for MPC5121 SoC, which is built around E300 =
core (the same as inside MPC83xx) and shares elementary perihperals with =
83xx. This code however was just a demo quality, not ready for merging =
with the repository and it's now rather oudated (needs rebasing against =
current HEAD).

Rafal