Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 2000 15:00:40 +0900
From:      takawata@shidahara1.planet.sci.kobe-u.ac.jp
To:        Alan Clegg <abc@bsdi.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: reproducable system crash in 4.0-STABLE

In message <20000324215419.A288@ecto.greenpeas.org>, Alan Clegg さんいわく:
>> > On a dual PII system, access to /dev/smb0 (system management bus) by=20

In SMP Environment 'intpm' driver will not work correctly,because it drops
intrrupt. I made a patch so that it uses polling at

http://www.planet.sci.kobe-u.ac.jp/~takawata/smbus/sys/intpmpoll.diff

.

>> > wmhm (/usr/ports/sysutils/wmhm) or gkrellm (/usr/ports/sysutils/gkrellm)
>> > causes an immediate system panic.

But the panic seems to be another reason.It accesses i2c bus on
video capture card , not on south bridge.Is it surely PIIX4?
Before PIIX4, there is no SMBus interface on south bridge.
And I don't write the driver for i8xx chipset yet.