Date:      07 Jul 1999 21:59:36 +0200
From:      Frode Vatvedt Fjeld <frodef@acm.org>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   libtuner

Hi again, I thought I'd let those interested know how libtuner is
progressing.

I'm mostly working on the file-format, so I guess the simple thing to
do is to show you an example. It's rather lisp-ish, as you can see..

===snip===

(define-freq-set western-europe-basic
  ((name "Western Europe (basic)")
   (continent "Europe")
   (type cable))
  ((freq "E2" 4825)
   (freq "E3" 5525)
   (freq "E4" 6225)
   (irange "E" 5 12 17525 700)
   (arange "I" "A" "C" 4575 800)
   (irange "S0" 1 3 6925 700)
   (irange "S" 1 20 10525 700)
;   (include western-europe-extra)
   (irange "E" 21 69 47125 800)))

(define-freq-set western-europe-extra
  ((name "Western Europe (extras)")
   (continent "Europe")
   (type cable))
  ((irange "S" 21 41 30325 800)
   (freq    "ITA" 5375)
   (freq    "S29" 5375)
   (arange "IT" "B" "C" 6225 2000)
;   (include western-europe)
   (freq    "ITD" 17525)
   (arange  "IT" "E" "H" 18325 900)))

(define-freq-set western-europe
  ((name "Western Europe")
   (continent "Europe")
   (type cable))
  ((include western-europe-basic)
   (include western-europe-extra)
   (freq "IFFREQ" 3890)
   (include western-europe)
   (freq "S29" 53234)))

===snip===

So, this all deals with mapping from frequency-names to
frequencies. Each freq-set consists of some attributes (to help users
find "their" freq-set) and a set of mappings.

Mappings can be specified directly with the "freq"-keyword, or as an
integer or ascii range. "(irange "S0" 1 3 6925 700)" translates to the
mappings "S01"=>6925, "S02"=>7625, "S03"=>8325.

Additionally, a freq-set can include the mappings from another
freq-set.

Please cry out if you think this is all wrong.

--
Frode Vatvedt Fjeld