Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 1999 11:38:31 -0700
From:      "David Schwartz" <davids@webmaster.com>
To:        "Jeffrey J. Libman" <jeffrl@wantabe.com>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: routing over a dual t1 connection (fwd)

	The best solution I've tried, though far from the cheapest, is to get a
CSU/DSU for each end that can 'fuse' the two lines and provide a single
serial port at twice the speed of a single T1. If your T1 card can run at
3.088Mbps, you are set. This way, nothing has to change in your routing
configuration.

	Every other solution I've played with has suffered from the following
drawbacks:

	1) Poor failover if a single line fails.

	2) Grossly unequal distribution of traffic.

	3) Many packets received out of order.

	DS