Date:      Thu, 09 Nov 2000 10:26:20 -0800
From:      Michael Bryan <fbsd-secure@ursine.com>
To:        Justin Stanford <jus@security.za.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DOS vulnerability in BIND 8.2.2-P5

Justin Stanford wrote:

> I could not get my 4.1.1-STABLE machine's named to crash no matter what I
> did. Reports indicate any of the 4.x-STABLE branch are not vulnerable.

Yes, 4.x (from at least 4.1-RELEASE on) uses BIND 8.2.3-T5B, which does
not appear to be vulnerable.  I'm not sure what version of BIND was in
the various 3.x FreeBSD releases, but I think 8.1.2 was on many of them,
and a lot of people have upgraded to BIND 8.2.2-P5 on those systems as
well.  (I haven't heard yet if 8.1.2 is vulnerable to this DOS vulnerability).