Date:      Sun, 27 Feb 2005 19:55:41 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@DeepCore.dk>
Subject:   Re: patch: fix 30 second hang while resuming

At 3:19 PM -0800 2/27/05, Nate Lawson wrote:
>Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>>
>>Have you tried sos@ new ATAng mk III patches ?  As far as I know
>>he plans to commit those shortly.

One minor point: S=F8ren is on vacation right now.  I *think* he will
be getting back around March 5th (assuming I understand what he said
in a recent message).  So, *if* this is something we want to get in
before the code-freeze, we may have to act without his input.

>Not yet.  In any case, I'd prefer these problems be fixed before
>the import since the patches are minor and data corruption is
>generally a bad thing for a little while even if a large, new
>something is coming sometime soon.

Your original message only mentioned a long-delay when resuming.
Is this bug also causing data-corruption in some circumstances?
(I don't have the slightest idea what this area of code does, I
just want to make sure we understand how serious the issue is...).

Is this something which only comes up in 6.x?  Or is the same
thing happening in 5.x too?

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =3D   gad@gilead.netel.rpi.edu