Date:      Sat, 30 Apr 2016 11:56:35 +0100
From:      Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>, =?windows-1252?Q?Vin=EDcius_Ferr=E3o?= <ferrao@vmio.com.br>
Cc:        "freebsd-infiniband@freebsd.org" <freebsd-infiniband@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: QLogic IBA7322 QDR InfiniBand HCA on 10.3-RELEASE

On 30 Apr 2016, at 10:06, Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org> wrote:
> On 04/30/16 09:54, Vin=EDcius Ferr=E3o wrote:
>> Hello guys,
>>=20
>> I=92m playing with Inifinband for the first time on FreeBSD and I =
already have problems with it. I=92ve got a machine with this card in =
specific and I=92m trying to use this card without any success.
>>=20
>> pciconf -lv outputs this:
>> root@freebsd1:~ # pciconf -lv | grep -i Qlogic -A3 -B1
>> none17@pci0:2:0:0: class=3D0x0c0600 card=3D0x73221077 chip=3D0x73221077=
 rev=3D0x02 hdr=3D0x00
>>     vendor     =3D 'QLogic Corp.'
>>     device     =3D 'IBA7322 QDR InfiniBand HCA'
>>     class      =3D serial bus
>>=20
>> So at least the system is aware of the card, but I can=92t see it on =
dmesg, so something is missing. Drivers? Support? Kernel Module?
>>=20
>> I came across this webpage https://wiki.freebsd.org/InfiniBand and =
cannot find the card on the table of supported hardware, so at this =
point I started to believe that the card is just unsupported.
>>=20
>> But here we are on the mailing list, to see if anyone can help.
>>=20
>> Thanks in advance.
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> Try loading qlxgb or qlxgbe.

Hmmm, between them, the man pages for qlxgb and qlxgbe say they support:

 * QLogic 3200 series (qlxgb)
 * QLogic 8200 series (qlxgb)
 * QLogic 8300 series (qlxgbe)

Should we add them to the "hardware support by release" table?

Vin=EDcius, with your card, do you know the exact model number?  IBA7322
seems to be the controller chip on the card itself, not the adapter =
model
number, so it's hard to tell which series it belong too.

Saying that from looking through the QLogic IB Adapters PDF:

  =
http://filedownloads.qlogic.com/files/driver/78254/Install_Guide_QLogic_IB=
_Adapters_A.pdf

Page 3-5 mentions it, as well as Figure 3-1 on that same page. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi