Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:16:50 +0100
From:      Jorn Argelo <jorn@wcborstel.nl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't kill process

Programs like Xine and XMMS refuse to shut down properly on my installation,
and they are bringing a heavy load to my CPU. If I use killall xine or kill
<pid> it just keeps running, but if I use kill -KILL <pid> then it always
terminates instantly. It always worked for me. I'm using 5.2.1 RC-2 though,
and not 4.9.

Cheers,

Jorn