Date:      Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:31:12 +0400
From:      "Mazen S. Alzogbi" <freebsd@mazenalzogbi.com>
To:        "'Lute Mullenix'" <lute@cableone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Win modem x FreeBSd

Hi,

I read the expression "real modem" at many *nix lista/groups but I don't
know what does it mean. I know the difference between a winmodem and a
real modem, that is; a real modem doesn't depend on the software (and
maybe CPU cycles) to do the job. My question, how do you I know a real
modem from a winmodem when I go purchase it?

TIA

Cheers,

Mazen