Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 11:40:54 +0800 (WST)
From:      Michael Slater <mikey@hawk.ois.net.au>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Monitoring the IP usage of a single IP address on an ethernet

--KAA24773.869625496/hawk.ois.net.au

Hello,
     I am looking for a reliable method of monitoring/controlling the
bandwidth consumed/bytes downloaded by a specific machine on my local
office ethernet. Would it be best to have the machine in question
use one of our FreeBSD machines with ipfw configured to log packets as a
gateway ? Or perhaps is their a better method.

Regards,

Michael Slater

--KAA24773.869625496/hawk.ois.net.au--