Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 2002 07:15:47 -0700
From:      erk <tapeworm@insekta.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: atapi cd-r/cd-rw drives?

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 07:48:16 -0400
"Brian T. Schellenberger" <bts@babbleon.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 18 September 2002 07:18 am, erk wrote:
> | searches on google haven't turned up much, other than linux-oriented
> | changes.  most of them note something about scsi-adapter emulation,
> | though.. does freebsd have support for something like this,
>
> Yes, only very recently.

how recent? as in, implemented, but relatively stable, or implemented, but still in need of heavy tinkering to be considered useable?  just kinda curious about that one.

> You couldnt but SCSI emulation is a lot more complex than that, so it
> wouldn't do anything USEFUL.

kind of figured that.  there was some mention of it on koncd's site, regarding configuring things for linux, but i tend to take any info that appears to be linux-centric with a grain of salt.

> What on earth do you mean by that?  That sounds like a major slander
> against burncd which works just great from what I've seen.  I prefer
> it to cdrecord myself; it's more readable and compact IMHO.

it isn't intended as slander..based on the limited amount of info i've run across about burncd, i could've sworn i saw a few things mentioning it as having a lack of widespread cd-r drive support.  perhaps i'm mistaken, but research time is a little limited at the moment.

to elaborate a bit, i've got a dj gig tomorrow and i'm unsure of whether or not i'll have access to turntables.  for that reason, i figured i'd
burn a couple discs of mp3's that i have of some of my vinyl releases, just in case.

- erik