Date:      Thu,  7 Jun 2012 04:01:42 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Anonymous Remailer (austria)" <mixmaster@remailer.privacy.at>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is this something we (as consumers of FreeBSD) need to be aware of?

Damien Fleuriot <ml@my.gd> wrote:

> On 6 Jun 2012, at 21:52, Dave U. Random <anonymous@anonymitaet-im-inter.net> wrote:
>
> > Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de> wrote:

> > It's time to dump the Intel/Microshaft mafia forever. FreeBSD, OpenBSD,
> > NetBSD, and even Linux have ports to many platforms. Why stay on Intel? It's
> > an overgrown ugly mess.
> >
> > We need to stop buying Intel mafiaware with preinstalled Microshaft mafiware
> > and run a free (or in the case of Linux "apparently free") OS on free
> > hardware.
> >
> > There are increasing numbers of SBCs and plenty of used servers on
> > Ebay. They're all built better than commodity Intel mafiaware. Good
> > riddance!
> >

> You have no idea what you're talking about.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Does that count?

> This kind of religious propaganda post is neither constructive nor
> helpful.

But your expansive and well-reasoned "rebuttal" is? Is mafiaware a religious
issue? I thought it was common sense. Thanks for your half-assed attempt to
marginalize it. I don't think you were successful. If at first...

> I don't trust AMD with my servers' CPUs, not since many years ago when
> they had all these overheating problems.

I don't really care about that. But I'm sure you feel better after getting
it off your chest. Still, that doesn't have to do with two major
corporations conspiring to butt-fuck the consumer. At most it involved one
company. So, for now, this is more important than what you wanted to talk
about.