Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2006 12:43:31 -0800
From:      Claus Assmann <freebsd+hardware@esmtp.org>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell E521 progress

Just FYI:

I couldn't get FreeBSD 6.0 (I had only those CDs from a friend)
running on it. However, I was able to install OpenBSD 4.0 and Solaris
5.11 on it. Both of them can access the DVD-ROM, but neither supports
the NIC "out of the box". Moreover, OpenBSD requires to disable
ohci during boot (or compile a kernel without it); I couldn't find
how to do that with FreeBSD yet (which will probably allow it to
boot at least without crashing, maybe I try the BIOS changes to
disable some USB ports).