Date:      26 Jun 2005 14:07:23 -0000
From:      Peter van Dijk <peter@dataloss.nl>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   bin/82667: burncd doesn't abort on error conditions

>Number:         82667
>Category:       bin
>Synopsis:       burncd doesn't abort on error conditions
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD fanta.home.dataloss.nl 5.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE #0: Sat Nov 13 15:12:47 CET 2004     peter@fanta.home.dataloss.nl:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FANTA  i386

acd0: CDRW <HL-DT-ST GCE-8320B/1.01> at ata1-master PIO4

When multiple commands are given to burncd (for example, one data command
and one fixate command), an error in execution of one command does not
prevent the execution of the next.

Because of this, I ended up with an empty but fixated CD-R :)

>How-To-Repeat:
A command line like the following:
	burncd -f /dev/acd0 data main.iso fixate
issued in a situation where the drive is not completely ready, may result
in a situation where the data-part fails, after which the fixate is attempted,
which succeeds.

>Fix:
Abort when the writing of a data-track fails at 0 bytes.