Date:      Sat, 26 Jun 1999 15:47:59 -0400
From:      Sean Michael Whipkey <highway@cstone.net>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-ISP <FreeBSD-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sendmail relaying

At 03:32 PM 6/26/99 -0400, Chuck Robey wrote:
>I just got a mail from ORBS (http://www.orbs.org/) telling me I'm an
>open mail relay on my home machine.  I run current here, no mods, and
>since I thought that sendmail 8.9.3 came with relaying off by default, I
>didn't need to do anything to stop it.

I thought the same thing, but the FreeBSD 3.2 server I just set up at work
that came with sendmail 8.9.3 has relaying turned on as well.  I haven't
had much time to figure out how to refuse all, but I'm working on it as we
speak, so I'll let y'all know what I find.

SeanMike

--
SeanMike Whipkey - Cornerstone Networks Engineering - highway@cstone.net
Report received spam to: spam-report@cstone.net with the full headers